The Company undertakes a range of works, from minor joinery work up to multi-million pound contracts.
Our regular clients include:
- Shetland Islands Council
- Hjaltland Housing Association Ltd
- NHS Shetland
- BP Exploration
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution
- Shetland Recreational Trust
- Shetland Amenity Trust
- Lerwick Port Authority
- Maritime & Coastguard Agency
We are members of the following organisatons:
- Federation of Master Builders (FMB)
- National House Building Council (NHBC)
- Shetland Building and Allied Trades Association (SBATA)
- Shetland Construction Training Group (SCTG)
Environmental Policy Statement
At DITT we believe that we have a responsibility to achieve good environmental practice and operate in a sustainable manner. As a successful construction company, we are commited to reducing our environmental impact and continually inproving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same, and we will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, codes of practice and other requirements to which we subscribe - e.g. F.M.B., C.I.T.B.
We, at DITT Construction Ltd, will develop and implement an Environmental Management System (EMS) that will encompass the standards required by ISO 14001:2004.
This will ensure that DITT Construction Ltd will strive to:
- Assess our organisational activities and identify areas where we can minimise the environmental impact, reduce waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy together will the re-use or recycling of products wherever possible.
- Train our employees in good environmental practice and communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public in general.
- Review our EMS regularly with a programme of continuous improvement and prevention of pollution in the light of our current and planned future activities, clearly focusing on those tha have a significant impact on the environment.
All of these actions will be included in our continual assessment of the Environmental Policy, which will be updated where necessary with clear and timed objectives and targets to represent the continuous improvement within the company.
Quality Policy Statement
DITT Construction Ltd provides services and products for construction and civil engineering projects throughout Shetland.
DITT shall ensure that its operations are managed in a systematic, safe and efficient manner in compliance with its legal duties and contractual obligations.
To ensure this end DITT shall implement and maintain our Quality Management System (QMS) to meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.
The system shall achieve management objectives by implementation of agreed policies and subsequent procedures that are based on the findings of risk assessments, consultative meetings, established good practice, review and reporting mechanisms.
Specific QMS improvement objectives shall be set and reviewed on a regular basis.
Management shall provide sufficient commitment and resources to ensure that QMS is effective and maintains continual improvement. The system shall specify measures for handling non-conformities to the satisfaction of its clients and any legal obligations.
The system shall be verified by both internal review and auditing. Where necessary, the client shall be afforded the time and resource to inspect the works. DITT shall ensure that all our personnel understand and fully implement our Company's policies and objectives and are able to perform their duties effectively through an ongoing training and development programme.
The Quality Policy is communicated to all employees of DITT and to external interested parties on request.
The DITT QMS is reviewed at planned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.